Under the Companies Law, Chapter 113, foreign companies may register a branch in Cyprus. The registration procedure is again essentially the same as for companies. However, as an additional requirement, every overseas company wishing to establish a branch in Cyprus must file with the Registrar of companies, within one month of establishment the following documents:
- Certified copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, or the charter or other instrument defining the constitution of the company.
- Particulars of directors and secretary of the company.
- Name and address of at least one person resident in Cyprus who is authorised to accept service of notices on behalf of the company.
With regard to the certification of the above documents, experience has shown that the documents must be legalized and “apostilled” in the country of origin by a notary public. Alternatively, legalization is required both by a notary public and the Consul of the Republic of Cyprus in that country.
In the case of international business companies and partnerships, it is advisable that the manager of the branch and the overseas company are provided - upon the registration of the branch - with a full set of documents, properly legalized and translated, where appropriate, into English or any other language.
In the case of a branch such documents normally comprise:
- Certificate of registration
- The charter of the overseas company or other instrument defining its constitution
- List of directors and name of the person authorized to accept notices
- Letter headings, invoices and other branch stationery
- Any other information and documentation pertaining to the activities of the branch to the date of its establishment.
For more detailed information about Legal Forms - Company Law, please either scroll up or down this page (quicker) or click below to go to the relevant section:
Legal Forms | Company Registration Procedures | Company Registration Details | Form a Cypriot Company » Formation Instructions » Fee Schedule | Branch Registration | Partnership Registration | Financial Reporting & Auditing | Residence & Work Permits | Visiting & Living in Cyprus